Follow us on twitter @MDXU19girls
Update to the post from last week about 7’s tournaments and Fall Camps. The fall academy is a very good resource for players to gain experience, especially new players.
There are a few opportunities to play 7’s this fall. While the Exiles won’t field a team, players may attend these events and play with another team. The coaches can provide POCs for the teams.
- 09/23/18 Marywood Univ. 7s – LOCATION: Marywood University, 2300 Adams Ave. Scranton, PA 18509
- POC: John Gulden 570-768-0564
- COST: $200 First Team – $150 for Second Team
- REGISTRATION: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmTcEDUMZtXuHkYr0v46G1QmTNtQ60okBcg3phIElPRV1BAQ/viewform
- 09/30/18 Atlantis 7s High Performance camp – TIME: 8:00am – 3:00pm
- LOCATION: Alapocas Run Park, 2025 East Park Drive, Wilmington, DE 19803
- REGISTRATION: http://www.atlantisrugby.com/camps
- 9/30/18 Roses 7’s tournament LOCATION: Centerville Middle School, 865 Centerville Rd. Lancaster, PA 17601
- POC: Brad Strubel – Tournament director email@example.com
- REGISTRATION: https://www.rugbypa.org
- 10/07/18 Baywatch 7s (HOST: North Bay) – LOCATION: Aberdeen High School, Aberdeen, MD 21001
- POC: Jeff Adamczyk firstname.lastname@example.org, Scott Hoffman email@example.com
- REGISTRATION: https://www.northbayu19girlsrugby.org/events/baywatch-7s-2
- 11/04/18 Rugby Va 7s (HOST: Prince William) – Nokesville, VA
- 11/18/18 MedStar 7s (HOST: Great Falls) – Great Falls, VA
- 12/08/18 Nutcracker 7s (HOST: Western Suburbs & Loudoun) – Poplar Tree Park (2 turf fields), Chantilly, VA
Rugby MD Girls Fall Academy: LOCATION: Lindale MS, 415 Andover Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
POC: Kelly Fay kellymoranifay@gmail
COST: $55.00 – $200.00 *prices increased on Sept 1, and will again on Sept 15
- Sun. 9/23/18
- Sun. 9/30/18
- Sun. 10/14/18
- Sun. 10/21/18
Calling all Exiles: This academy is for middle and high school aged girls (12-18) in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area to come together once a week in the fall to have fun and improve their Rugby Skills. Instructors include national team players, as well as college coaches from the region to enhance the instruction at each session.
Clinic Dates: 9/23; 9/30; 10/14 & 10/21
Location: Lindale Middle School, 415 Andover Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Register for all 4 dates and get a discounted rate!
In case you hadn’t heard, Maryland won the Northeast RCT Tournament this past weekend in New Jersey. It was an incredible weekend of rugby and we played every game, bar one half, down 1-2 players. You should all be proud of Lauren, Lilli, Mikayla and Mady who represented the Exiles.
Link to an article about the weekend and our win.
Go Exiles — Go Select Side!!
Army is offering two camps for high school girls this year, grades 7 through 12
Camp #1: June 28 – July 1
Camp #2: July 12 – July 15
Lilli is attending camp #2 and we can give players a ride up and back.
ARMY WEST POINT WOMENS RUGBY
ODIA PROMO VIDEO LINK
West Point Women’s Rugby Page
West Point Camp Page
Instead of practice, we will kickoff our Select Side prep with a scrimmage on June 9th. A little unorthodox, but a terrific opportunity for team continuity and player evaluation. We will still train on Sunday the 10th, location TBD.
On Saturday, June 9th, we will will play Rugby VA at:
Little River Farm
22006 James Monroe Hwy, Aldie VA
Kickoff is at 11:00. We will meet at the field at 9:00 am to go over some things ahead of time. There may be a JV game for later in the afternoon.
Players need to register ASAP. You will not play on the 9th if you have not registered and paid your initial down payment, or in full.
Is anyone interested in playing in a round robin tournament in MD? West Carroll is setting up a few dates: June 16, June 30, or July 21.
Please contact Coach Karl or Hugh if you are interested.
Party will be held at Anh’s house – check TeamSnap for details.
Please see below for details on the Select Side – we encourage everyone to participate. It is not all or nothing, but selections will be made based on performance, participation and availability.
We had an excellent experience last year at Mount St Mary’s (MSMs). I anticipate a similar experience this year and hopefully, better with the added event in NJ.
Contact Karl or Hugh if you have questions.
2018 Maryland Select Side
The goal is to field two sides, varsity and junior varsity (JV). All players with a safe level of level of experience and are interested in improving their skill and performance are encouraged to participate. This is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to high level play and coaching. The USA Rugby RCT in New Jersey is geared toward elite pathway.
RCT in Rahway, NJ; June 16-17th, 2018, Varsity only (2-day event)
Mid-Atlantic Select Side Tournament, MSMs University; June 23rd, 2018, Varsity and Junior Varsity (based on interest) (Single day event)
New USAR elite pathway guidance: A Player must participate in a RCT to be considered for elite pathway.
Note: In order for players to be considered for Varsity at the RCT in Rahway, NJ, said player must be 16 years old on or prior to June 16th. This is the guideline established by USAR and is NOT negotiable. We do not have this restriction for the event the following event at MSM University on June 23rd.
Requirements for select training sessions:
Players with at least one full season of experience, have a firm grasp of fundamental skills and have the physical and mental ability to train in an intensive/competitive environment.
Registration is $200 per player. $50 payment will be due as part of registration due May 31st and is non-refundable. Payment can be made to Ms. Wendy Thomas, team manager, via Venmo to @Wendy-Thomas-15. The balance will be due on or before the June 12th training session.
● Registration will cover lodging, snacks at the field, and team dinner on Saturday night in NJ. Snacks at the field at MSMs. Residual funds will be applied to a team social immediately following the MSMs event.
● All Players will get a practice T-shirt and socks to keep. We will play in black shorts. Players can either use existing shorts, i.e. from selects last year, home-club black shorts, or acquire some on loan or from a supplier.
Saturday, June 9th, 9:00AM – 2:00PM Location: 1103 Omar Dr., Crownsville, MD
a. 9:00 – 11:00 Registration/Introductions/Ice Breakers/Skills
b. 11:00 – 12:00 Dinner break/chalk talk/team building (meal provided)
c. 12:00 – 2:00 Skills/Scrimmage
Sunday, June 10th 9:00AM – 2:00PM Location: TBD
d. 9:00 – 11:00 Introductions/Ice Breakers/Skills
e. 11:00 – 12:00 Dinner break/chalk talk/team building (meal provided)
f. 12:00 – 1:00 Skills
g. 12:00 – 2:00 Scrimmage, team TBD
Tuesday, June 12th 6:00pm – 8:00pm Location: 1103 Omar Dr., Crownsville, MD
Thursday June 14th 6:00 – 8:00pm Location: Demarco Park, Aberdeen, MD
• 8:00 Jersey Ceremony (First 15 Selections will be announced)
Note: June 12th and June 14th locations are subject to change pending availability of scrimmages.
Travel Logistics: More to follow on transportation and lodging
– To be included in registration: Picture ID, Health Insurance information (copy of health insurance card), CIPP number, and emergency contact information.
Congratulations to all the players for their hard work this year – you have one last test on Sunday. Kick off is at noon at UMBC’s Walker Field. Walker Field address: 5451 Wilkens Ave, Catonsville, MD 21228.
All players must arrive at 1030 for check in and then warm up.
1. EACH PLAYER MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID WITH THEM ON SUNDAY [no ID = no play]
2. We will submit a player list for the match in advance. They will check IDs against the roster. EACH PLAYER MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID WITH THEM ON SUNDAY. Driver’s license/perm,it, passport, or school ID is sufficient.
2. All players must be in high school or of high school age (15-18). Any high schoolers that are 14 years old must sign an under 15 waiver. Contact Coach Karl for the under 15 waiver.
3. Parents and fans will be on the opposite side of the field from the teams.